When you are putting up a business or an organization, it would help if you will also set up a website to market your products and services in the internet. Today, people who have the power to purchase are those who are mostly wired through the internet. So, make sure they can find you by acquiring a catchy domain name.
Paying for a domain name and getting it on the internet can be done simply in no time. What takes a lot of time and effort is in choosing the right domain name for your company. For some, they might feel that the names they are considering might be simple. However, when they try to enrol the names, these were already taken. Lately, domain-names are found to be lengthier.
We recommend that you take time in considering the following suggestions before getting your domain-name.
1. Don’t make it hard for your clients to guess your domain-name. Choose a name that is uniquely related to your company and easy to memorize. Get in touch with your artistic qualities.
2. The extension “.com” is for businesses, while “.edu” are for education institutions. Choose the extension that fits your organization. We do not want our clients typing the wrong extension.
3. Use simple spelling. Do not try to stand out by using unusual spelling. It would be hard on these people to locate your website if they just heard about your company from conversation or on ads from television or radio.
4. Roman numerals are rarely used these days. Do not attempt to use them today in setting up a domain name for the same reasons you should keep spelling simple.
5. Since it is easier to remember shorter names, come up with a brief domain name.
6. Stay away from using symbols such as hyphens. When giving out your website, it would be difficult to say the domain name without committing a mistake.